View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 11:04 AM   #49
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
A public domain book made freely available for download via anonymous connections?

I'm not trying to bagatellise anyone's work and have already said I personally respect the effort and wishes of the people proof-reading, correcting, and formatting these books but I'm not sure I agree with you. Actually, I'm pretty sure I don't.

OMGWTFBBQ hoarding! Yes, and?
Is my 'hoarding' of electronic versions of public domain works somehow a crime, offensive, or unethical?

Are libraries also hoards? And before you ask, I freely share my toys. I don't even require a membership card or donation.
I would say acting as a pig is unethical. And I would add that libraries have a maximum number of books allowed per rental. MR's collection is a library and does not impose itself but it should act on torrent.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote