View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 04:57 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
In this particular case, it was a few words missing here and there. I don't think I've ever proofread a book and NOT found missing text; that's why it's essential to actually compare the ebook to a good printed text, rather than simply reading it in isolation.

The most extreme case I've come across was when I was proofing Charles Dickens's "The Old Curiosity Shop", using the Project Gutenberg version as my starting point. In that book I found two cases where a complete double page of text had been missed out - obviously the scanner had skipped a page.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote