View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 11:31 AM   #4
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbagwell View Post
I'm using a Nexus 7 and Calibre Companion. I deleted all my books off the device and then re-exported them to the device using Calibre Companion. Normally I do this via my home network. In this case, I connected my Nook directly via USB to charge it a bit, and noticed that Calibre is missing about a third of the books.

It shows a check mark next to the books on the device, but there are many I know are on the device that don't have a check next to them. I exported them all at the same time.

Any idea what's happening?
Possibly connecting two devices at the same time messed things up. As I understand it connecting two devices at the same time is a "No No".

Probably easiest way to fix things is delete everything off Nexus 7 again. Then with only Nexus 7 with Calibre Companion connected (in usual wireless way), reload the books from calibre library. Edit: but considering eschwartz' comment above, before doing the reload, first in calibre Preferences > Sending Books to Devices, select "automatic management" on the Metadata Management menu.

Last edited by unboggling; 01-13-2014 at 01:07 PM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote