View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #36188
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I'm writing to thank my Hong Kong friend for suggesting that we buy Induction cooktops for our new home. I'd never used them before this morning, and I'm impressed!

We had the choice of gas, electric coil, or induction, and based upon what my friend had said, we opted for two separate induction units. Most of the time we only need to use one burner, occasionally needing a second one, so the idea of only cluttering up the kitchen counter with two at all times seemed silly. We can keep one on a lower shelf, and as they weigh next to nothing, just bring it out when we need it.

And boy, do they cook! Instant heat, instand temperature changes just like gas, but with none of the heat in the room or over the top of the pan. Turning sausages or bacon was always a bother because of the heat, forcing me to use a longer pair of tongs. With the induction cooker, I can use the short tongs, keeping my hands just a couple of inches from the pan instead of a foot away. With the instant heat change, it provides all the control for delicate sauces, something that the old style electric coil tops couldn't do.

Five minutes after cooking is finished, the surface of the cooking area is cool, and a paper towel with a spray cleaner cleans up the splattered grease quickly and easily. (Maybe I should do infomercials?) The controls provide for individual heat settings or programed heating (fry, boil, stew, etc.) with just a finger touch to the surface of the unit in the marked space. Not even any buttons to press! I am nothing but impressed with this thing!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote