View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 01:40 AM   #607
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
I have managed to extract the fonts from the fonts.cramfs.img from my PW and was wondering what suggestions anyone who has modded their own PW base fonts have for changes to play with as a starting point.

I am most interested in Caecilia since that is my favourite. I was thinking of trying to increase the weight and decrease the line space a bit. As a reference, I use the font at size 2 normally.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
You will find the line spacing really tight compared to the defaults. Try it before changing the line spacing. It is not the same as the ones on the PW which uses a custom style sheet.

You will find both Caecilia's versions you extracted to be identical to each other. Even though it says condensed it's not.

What I did was add weight to mine I started with the default 25/20 weight on Font Creator.

I then made a scaled down condensed version to try to match the default but finally gave up. It's near impossible. 5% was too small. I think I settled on 8% but I can't confirm that.

Most of my fonts are 35/30 weight on Regular and Italic. 15/10 on Bold and Bold Italic (or none at all depending on how bold they were in the first place)

Last edited by Blossom; 02-18-2013 at 01:44 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote