View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
sgirsberger
Enthusiast
sgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheese

Device: iPhone, NOOK Color, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire HD
Can't decipher remaining EPUB validation errors

Hello. I have four errors remaining from my ePUBChecker report, and I'm at a loss to figure what they are, although I think they relate to EPUB 3 instead of EPUB 2.

Here are the errors:

ERROR: /Users/shawngirsberger/Documents/MM/EBOOKS/Hanna/working/hanna_book3.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(2): bad value for attribute "version"
ERROR: /Users/shawngirsberger/Documents/MM/EBOOKS/Hanna/working/hanna_book3.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(59): attribute "properties" not allowed at this point; ignored
ERROR: /Users/shawngirsberger/Documents/MM/EBOOKS/Hanna/working/hanna_book3.epub/OEBPS/toc.xhtml(8): unknown element "nav" from namespace "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
ERROR: /Users/shawngirsberger/Documents/MM/EBOOKS/Hanna/working/hanna_book3.epub/OEBPS/toc.xhtml(126): unfinished element

I've attached the guilty files. This was originally a print book laid out in InDesign CS6, which was exported as EPUB 3 -- hence the toc.xhtml file, which doesn't seem to be part of EPUBs generated from ID CS5.5/EPUB 2.

The book looks and functions just fine on an iPad and a NOOK color, but of course, these errors have to be cleared up before I can send this to the distributor. Sigh.

Your advice is greatly appreciated. I hope I will be able to contribute something here some day.

P.S. I will probably deal with the %20 in the file names of the images that have them. I never put spaces in file names any more, but there were in the author's files, and I didn't change them before starting the project. Thanks to some of the posts here, I'll be more diligent about checking for these.
Attached Files
File Type: opf content.opf (14.6 KB, 488 views)
File Type: zip toc.xhtml.zip (1.5 KB, 285 views)
sgirsberger is offline   Reply With Quote