View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #712
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi23 View Post
You mean i should run sb_loader -f fastboot.bin (from MfgConfig) while in Recovery mode? Can karnel img be loaded with sb_loader too?

I didn't tryed sd_loader until now, but as i read, i should be able to do this while in Recovery menu.

I will try also to modify the u-boot to load fastboot, as eureka suggested, as soon as i get home.

Thank you
I'm not familiar with the mfg* stuff (I try to avoid Windows as much as I can), so I don't know what the command-line tools you mentioned mean.

Essentially, mfgtool comes with a GUI to load and start stuff on a Kindle which is in USB downloader mode, and it includes 3 custom u-boot images (fastboot, diags, main). imx_usb_loader does the same, but through a command line. I obviously prefer the latter, because it "just works" on Linux, no need for Windows, no need for Windows driver hell.

But if I'm correct, and your device works in USB downloader mode, both should do the job of getting your device into fastboot mode, from where you can follow the "normal" debricking procedure. So use whichever OS/tool you prefer
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote