View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 04:52 AM   #707
adi23
adi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle touch KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi23 View Post
I have recovered my old values from a log file, but i don't understand how should i set the values with the idme command.

Thank you
I have succesfully build a custom u-boot binary and patched my idme vars back.

Now the problem it's the following:

I can't reflash my kernels back with fastboot becouse u-boot bist is missing (kernels and partitions are gone).

I can't use the ssh since it's not installed (i'm not sure, never used).

Anyway, now i am able to acces U-Boot command line interface with Putty and run commands like idme and also I can access the recovery menu and i have the following options:

Menu
====
3. Load MMC0 over USB storage (doesn't working)
4. Erase MMC0
I. Initialize Partition Table (fdisk) and format FAT
O. Format and overwrite FAT partition
E. Export FAT partition
U. Update using update*.bin file on FAT partition
M. Update using update*.bin file on FAT partition of second MMC port
D. dmesg / kernel printk ring buffer.
Q. quit

I have used the option I and E (so i am able to transfer some files through the usb). Also i have downloaded the update 5.1.0.bin and tryed to use option U (I get the message:No updates found: No updates needed).

First thing that came on my mind is to use the update 5.1.0.bin. To use this, i think i need to modify the firmware version (the reason of the message "No updates found: No updates needed" ? ) so the kindle use this update (now the firmware is 5.1.0 already). The question is, this update will install my kernels back or u-boot bist?

Also, i could modify the custom u-boot again in order to load some data in memory, but i don't know exactly how should i do this, or what data should i load.

Also, is it possible to install/use ssh in this condition?

Thank you
adi23 is offline   Reply With Quote