View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 07:14 AM   #847
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I just finished the first draft of the second book in my contemporary fantasy series - 171000 words. ...
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I still haven't decided how to publish these books yet. The first one has two traditional publisher rejections already, and in Australia there are not very many such options for fantasy from unknown authors. I will probably make at least one more try down that route - via an agent this time. If that doesn't work I'll probably finish the series and then try self-publishing. I must say that reading the experiences of others here gives me more confidence about self-publishing. (The desire for traditional publishing is probably partly vanity, but also acknowledges my total lack of marketing expertise.)
Good luck with that as well. The other piece you should consider is what kind of control/autonomy do you want and how much of that do you want to take on or pay to have done for you. Also see this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=178831

Last edited by kennyc; 05-20-2012 at 08:06 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote