View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #14
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post
I'm the worse. Books are a complete addiction for me. I even speak of them in drug terms - using words like "fix." I spend tons of money on books yearly. I often buy site unseen (which wastes a lot of money), I'll buy from my favorite authors without reading first, I'll buy based on recommendations, etc.

I stopped tracking how much money I spend because it would be depressing. I can say I don't have any other really bad habits so that keeps me out the poor house. I'm not a clothes shopper or purses, etc. Just books. Lots and lots of books. Maybe too many books? Nah, you can never be too well read or own too many books.
I read like this too. Running into cash constraint, I actually put a lot of effort in trying to score free reads from new authors, but I'll also try by buying way too often.

I do some rereading but probably the majority of books i buy I read once. I do reread my favorite books a lot. If I *really* like a book, I will reread it immediately.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote