View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 09:08 PM   #283
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
Doesn't font size, line spacing and margin's have more to do with hyphens than anything else?

For example on my nook color an ePub "Under The Dome" I'm using the second to the smallest font size. , the smallest line space and the smallest margin settings and I get little to no hypens. but if I increase the margins setting I will see more hyphens being used.
so It seems your setting plays a large factor. And I would assume you would see similiar results no matter what ereader you use.
The larger the text is in relation to line length, the more hyphenation is needed to achieve 'full' justification. At the sizes I use (2-4) the hyphenation is not so frequent as to be distracting. B&N should consider letting people turn it off for larger text sizes, however. And landscape reading mode would help improve justification also with or without hyphenation. A left justification option (without hyphenation) would be good also.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote