View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 02:28 AM   #289
erayd
Zealot
erayd doesn't littererayd doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
I don't use FLAG, but if it's possible to customise the templates then I'd seriously consider using it. I've been using Graffer for ages and as of today, with FF.net's stupid share icons, it's not picking up the chapter text at all. It looks like the developer has given up and has closed his website.

So, that leaves me without a downloader at the moment. I know there are a few out there, but none that I've found are anywhere near as customisable as Graffer.

My ideal downloader would:

- Allow me to customise both the index.html and any layout output pages, including css,

- Allow me to create multiple templates to address the way some authors title their fics, for instance, in Graffer I have the ability to create mulitple index.html files and then pick them from a drop down menu on the download window. This solves chapter titling issues, for instance some authors like to give their chapter real titles, while others don't. Then you also have some who like prologues and then name each subsequent chapter by number. So if the download lets you pull chapter titles you could end up with "Chapter 1 : Prologue" and "Chapter 2 : Chapter 1", which drives me insane.

I'm not sure if FLAG can do any of that, but if it's possible either now, or in future releases, then I'd jump ship.
You're the second Graffer user in two days who has approached me about custom templates .

I'm currently in the process of adding an 'advanced' download form that will allow custom templates & CSS - this requires a few changes to the way FLAG manages things internally, but is currently on track to go live sometime this month.

I haven't had anyone ask for the ability to customise chapter titles before; could you expand a bit on what you're after here?
erayd is offline   Reply With Quote