View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 07:10 AM   #22
dent
dent began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
wow, thanks for sharing that smarter!

a few comments:
  • you should add a mkdir -p build before cd build in build.sh
  • The source mentioned you couldn't get libasound to build. I built it using the same environment you use with the following configure:
Code:
./configure --prefix=/home/kindle --host=arm-kindle-linux-gnueabi --build=i686-linux-gnu
I think I had to patch it first with the fix-tstamp-declaration.patch that comes with the amazon sources. It's also possible the patch command failed and I had to do it manually (it's pretty small). That was when I was still experimenting, before I started keeping detailed notes on my build commands

I couldn't however get the alsa-utils to build but decided i didn't need them for cross-compiling so left it at that.

Did you configure crosstools-ng identically to NiLuJe's log file? I ask because, other than using crosstools-ng-1.9.2, i configured mine identically to his (including using glibc 2.9 for the c library which now that i've tried building a few things for the kindle i'm starting to question: why 2.9 when the kindle ships libc.so.5?)

I can build mplayer with your script (the patch to avoid pulling in glibc) but when i try running it on the kindle I get:
Code:
./mplayer: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by ./mplayer)
Your mplayer binary works just fine though. Fwiw, I got the same error when I recently built gstreamer but haven't had the chance to investigate it further yet.

thanks!
dent
dent is offline   Reply With Quote