View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 08:26 AM   #7
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmjeff21 View Post
If I could put my Calibre library on OneDrive, then have a reader for the Surface and Lumia that could access the OneDrive and download for offline reading, that would be fantastic.
Actually, it might be simpler just to use the Calibre library straight from Calibre. On Calibre, choose Preferences->‘Sharing over the net’, and switch on sharing. Then the 'companion app' can search the library, and fetch the books, by just connecting to the Calibre service on port 8080. It is an OPDS catalog, which is essentially just an RSS feed - this could be a simpler coding exercise than navigating folders and downloading from OneDrive files.

@MichaelStgt: there are a few gotchas with the OPDS approach, which I'd be happy to discuss with you, if you decide to implement it.

Of course, the 'synchronising bookmarks and highlights' requirement may mean you want to build OneDrive connectivity anyway. The new 'Project Rome' features for UWP in Windows 1607 might offer an alternative approach to that.

Disclaimer: In case you hadn't noticed already, I'm the developer of Freda.
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote