View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 06:41 AM   #13
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
But in that case, couldn't exist the risk of a pagebreak bettween the paragraph with the text and the image? The user could change the font-size and then a break could be forced.
Oh, I don't worry about that. In fact, I assume that's usually the case, at least with a vertical image -- which is why I put it before, rather than after. Having read the previous paragraph, the reader has the general information in his mind, rather than looking for it in a caption.

To be sure, I'm generally uploading photographs, not complicated graphs etc, and I'm generally writing about historical stuff, not maths or technology that requires a lecturer with a pointer to explain what's being shown.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote