View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 08:47 PM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher22 View Post
Copied 3.11 files over to .kobo directory as is. So the tgz file is in the kobo directory and md5 file is there but nothing happened. I'm still on 1.9.11, it didn't update to 3.11.

Maybe I need to unzip the tgz stuff into the .kobo directory?
NO! If this was needed, we would have said so. Seriously, there would be tons of instructions say to do that. Just unpack the zip file and put the intact contents on the device in the ".kobo" directory. It should upgrade when you disconnect. The file name is important, including case. As DNSB corrected me, the md5 file isn't used if there is no "upgrade" directory.

The only reasons I can think of for it not updating is low battery or low free space. The latter should only affect updating over WiFi, but, it might prevent a sideloaded update happening.

Try rebooting the device. And trying the upgrade again.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote