Thread: Clara HD Light "bleed" at side issue
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 02:40 AM   #64
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I've got a Kobo Clara and I've been using it for two weeks (more or less). I must confess, I wouldn't have noted that small light difference in the bottom if not for all the scandal here. I don't know if I'm lucky or no sensitive to those themes (no, I'm not going to photo my screen), but these are my two cents.
Scandal indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
And someone has stated that it probably bugs people using very small margins.
Yes that was me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If the complaints are about those cones coming from the sides near the bottom, then it isn't going to be stopping me buying one of these if I decide to replace my Glo HD (and don't go for the larger screen Aura ONE). My assumption has been it is affecting a lot more of the screen.

Can someone with one of these devices please educate me on exactly what you are seeing? And even better post some photos that demonstrate it. Are those photos typical? Or does it affect the screen a lot more.
Yes all this nonsense discussion is about those tiny cones. And indeed it is not affecting much of the screen at all, just right next to the bezel(s). I've pointed out several times that there really isn't such a big issue as this thread makes it seem. I first describe what I'm seeing in post #423, before I knew that all the LEDs are at the bottom. I included a picture of two Clara's next to each other showing the bleed at low light brightness in that post. I eventually chose the device on the right in that picture (and returned the other), and since I've squeezed the bezel the bleed brightness is a lot less than that picture shows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Second impression...

[...]And then the actual LEDs... unfortunately there are some LEDs that shine brighter spots in the direction of the screen from underneath the bezel. I compared the two devices I ended up with (I need to send one back), and the brighter spots are in the same locations on both devices, however on one of the devices it is more prominent (brighter) than the other. See image (I'm holding the protective plastic up from the screen of the left device on the picture, it's not a screen defect ... oh and I see I must have tapped the menu while doing so; the lighting menu should have been showing on both screens. You'll just have to trust that I had the same lighting settings on both devices ).
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote