View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 12:24 PM   #94
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
So did anyone actually get an ereader?
Yes, a number of people did receive devices earlier this year. Some were well pleased. Others less so. There were several returns due to faulty hardware, and there was at least one refund. There was a forum for users set up for a very brief period of time, and there was also a support page for a bit longer. Both have disappeared.

On their website, they claim to have sent out more than 400 units.

Quote:
Good e-Reader is proud to launch our first 13.3 inch e-reader. This product received over $400,000 in funding from Indiegogo over the course of the past year and we have shipped out over 400 units to our backers.

https://goodereader.com/blog/product...-13-3-e-reader
However, unless some of those backers placed bulk orders that seems unlikely as there are backers with relatively early order numbers who have still not received their orders.

Quote:
Lewis Cividin 6 days ago

Order #241 for the 13.3 inch ebook here, Christmas 2017 maybe? :|

Patrick 17 days ago

Order #295 on June 17 2016. Still waiting for my order. All quiet on email now and no updates, seriously anyone thinking about ordering from these guys save your money.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1...ader#/comments
It also seems that they were not sending out the devices in sequential order so that some backers with later order numbers were getting them before those with earlier order numbers. On at least one occasion, they were apparently even unaware that they had already sent a backer his device.

Quote:
erik.bosquet 2 months ago

@Thomas Vikstrom. How is it possible that you received your unit (0rder nr 499 as you stated) before others with lower numbers? Including myself

Gaze 2 months ago

We have order 423, which we placed a year ago. Given that later orders are shipped, can we expect the shipment in this batch and have confirmation soon?

Thomas 2 months ago

@Erik: Good question. honestly I don’t know. I commented here a few times and have sent a couple of direct e-mails during the last months (did not receive any response to them), but as same has been done by many others with lower order numbers, I don’t know why they shipped to me before. I hope they’ve shipped to others from this batch as well, it’d be nice if these people would comment here with their order number.

Michael Kozlowski Campaigner 2 months ago

Thomas has your unit been sent out yet?

Thomas 2 months ago

@Michael: Yes, I actually received it 2 weeks ago :-)

Lee 2 months ago

My order number is 39. Please give me back my money as my patient had used up.
Did not reply to individual backer with any means. Shame on you.

Peter Carotenuto Campaigner 2 months ago

you have been emailed Lee

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1...ader#/comments
So, are they thieves or just exceedingly incompetent?

They have delivered some devices. Whether they'll follow through with the others remains to be seen. Their silence doesn't do much to inspire confidence and I'm not certain what legal avenues backers have open to them.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote