View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 10:36 PM   #875
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ittiandro View Post
Cannot convert k2PdfOpt to Mobi with Calibre. I get the following conversion error message...

...The book was originally converted with k2PdfOpt because it was not readable in my Android device in its original PDF version( scanned, I suppose?). It is perfectly readable now but I wanted to convert it to Mobi, because the interface is much nicer.Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ittiandro
@Ittiandro -- can you post or PM me 1. the source PDF, 2. the k2pdfopt output, and 3. the k2pdfopt options you used? I would think that if the input is just a scanned article then the conversion to mobi should be pretty straightforward--just a sequence of bitmapped pages to convert, but the options you chose could be important--for instance, if you did a native PDF conversion, try turning that off (unchecking "Native PDF Output" in the MS Windows GUI). The standard bitmapped output (i.e. non-native conversion) from k2pdfopt, I would guess, would likely be easier for Calibre to digest than the native-conversion output.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote