View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #630
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
In my experience, when you adjust the font size of a pdf, the 350 switches automatically to the scanned text. I've never had the experience of changing the font size of a pdf and keeping the same layout, font and relatively error-free text.

I co-edit a magazine which is published quarterly as a pdf. We've just put out the most recent issue, so I'll have a look at it on the 350 when I return to work on Monday. I'm wondering whether we're talking about two different kinds of pdf, in which case the magazine might be illustrative of your experience, while a scanned pdf of a vintage copy of Michelet's Insects from Google Books is illustrative of mine.
I'm talking about pdf files that contain actual text, i.e. ascii or something like it. I am not talking about pdf files that contain a graphical image like a jpeg file.

I found the best way to view a pdf on a Sony or any other reader was to remove the margins via Briss and view it in landscape mode. Either that or convert to epub.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote