View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 08:16 PM   #60
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibamistress View Post
I didn't get it on the first time reading the series, either, but someone mentioned it to me, so I was looking for it on the second go around, and there are hints for sure. Apparently they asked GRRM, and he said, yes, he meant for Renley to be gay. It was actually kind of surprisingly subtle in the books, since GRRM isn't that subtle on other issues of sexuality, you know?

eta: on a random offtopic note, I'm loving the avatars here: kitties AND beautiful dogs!
I picked up on it the second time around too, without knowing it was being addressed in the tv version (I don't have HBO and haven't seen anything but the first episode). It is indeed subtle, though.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote