View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
I am not trying to argue that the Nook is a better buy, just point out that there are other factors to consider when you look at the storage and battery questions.

Regarding 4 GB.... if you are planning on storing much in the way of music and audio books, you might find yourself getting a little cramped in the long run. I am not personally a big fan of using eBook Readers for music or audiobooks... an ipod or other small mp3 player probably is a better solution. If I was going to use my ebook reader for music though, I think I probably would want at least 8, and more likely 16 GB of storage.

--
Bill
I know and I've already weighed out all of my options; and for now, I'll wait for Nook 2.

As to storage, I only plan on loading three to four audiobooks and just a bit of classical music. With each audiobook taking up 1/4GB to 1/2GB and more, I'll definitely need more than the 1.3GB available on the Nook; which I want reserved for ebooks. The additional 2GB will be enough for a few audiobooks and some music.

I agree that it's a poor choice for audiobooks and music; and I wouldn't dream of using it as my primary listening device. It's too big and fragile. I just want some loaded for times that I might be without my MP3 player.

For audiobooks, my primary device is a Sansa Clip+. With it, I can do music, audiobooks, podcasts, and FM radio. It'll support MP3 and WMA audiobooks from the library; and audiobooks from Audible. Plus it's very small, very inexpensive, and has a mSD card slot. It's the perfect player.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote