View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
Robin O'Neill
Connoisseur
Robin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PC
JUST KATE--YA coming of age on a sea of soap

JUST KATE is one of my backlist books (In Real Life I'm Just Kate), the novel that opened the door to television writing for me so it holds a special place in my heart.

The blurb:

“I took the job as an actor on the soap LIFE TO ITS FULLEST just to help out my family. My father was in a tailspin since he lost his gig and I just wanted 6 or 9 months on the show, then would go back to my real life. There had been a lot of talk about a new actor the producers had brought from LA who was supposed to be so talented, so edgy. My father’s an actor and after seventeen years with him, I was immune. Or so I thought. When Fitch walked across the set, and sat down next to me, closer than he had to, all rational thought was wiped from my mind. He was four years older. How could he be serious about me, a high school senior? Just the thought we were having lunch together made my mother crazy. When he was fired, I thought Fitch would go back to LA and resume his life with young women his own age. The last thing I wanted was to make a fool of myself, clutching at him like any female in her right mind would. I played it like I was happy he got a gig playing Lucentio in Taming of the Shrew. Playing it like a sophisticate with no emotion at all, I proved I was a better actor than I imagined. I convinced him I thought we had just been friends.”–Kate Rafferty

“She’s the kind of girl who has no idea how beautiful she is. It makes no difference to her that the crew practically falls over themselves when she walks into the studio. In that way she has no self-awareness, no ego. I crossed the soap opera set that first day, saw her and my life as I knew it was over. Five minutes before I didn’t want to be on this show, didn’t want to be in New York. Working in LA, where I grew up, was where I belonged. But all that changed as I got to know Kate. I decided to stay in New York until she was old enough to make up her own mind about what we would do. It wasn’t about a TV show anymore, it was about our real lives. Then I got fired and she seemed okay with me going back to the West Coast. I was not okay with it.”—Fitch Cooper

available at Amazon-- http://www.amazon.com/Just-Kate-eboo...1200051&sr=1-1

Last edited by Robin O'Neill; 08-07-2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: tweak
Robin O'Neill is offline   Reply With Quote