View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 11:13 AM   #9
RobertDDL
Whatever...
RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 840, Touch HD 2
Thank you for all your replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Robert, why should I use your site instead of Gutenberg if I’m looking for a public domain book? I don’t have to dink with a password etc on their site. Why is yours better?
I put a lot of work into my editions. While much of the work goes into formatting the PDF versions, which most of you are not that interested in, I also proofread them (wherever possible against image scans of older editions), and I work as an editor (I have been an editor and publisher of printed books before I've retired). The books on my website are my editions that, to various degrees, differ from any previous releases. I attempt to provide the reader with the best version of a book that I can create - "best" of course being subjective, you may deem them worse, but they are Gutenberg (or other public doman sources) plus dozens of hours of work for each book.

But, this is difficult to argue here (or probably anywhere). I hope that some people may appreciate my work, but for that, they'd have to be aware of it ...
RobertDDL is offline   Reply With Quote