View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #35
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
I'm going to just say that a lighted reader makes a big difference in comfort wherever lighting conditions aren't perfect, or when you're not in direct sunlight. It means no longer wanting to squint to read because the background is dark and the contrast isn't ideal. If you're in a reading chair with the perfect light setup, either turn off the light it set it to 1 on the PW. In any place where the light isn't diffuse and strong (and falling in such a way to avoid shadows on the screen), you have better contrast.

That was the first thing I noticed going from the Kindle Touch to the Kobo Glo, then the Aura HD. I also find it striking even in good light when comparing the above two or the PW to Sony's PRS-T2 or the basic Kindle. The higher res screens are bonuses for any content involving small text or graphics.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote