View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 05:19 PM   #10
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
Fine, but if you are using mostly public domain or other free sources for books - why pay the extra premium (and deal with additional PC-software needed to load books onto device) if you don't need or plan to use the bookstores?
1.Because I like to keep my options open. And I think Sony and some of the others do that better than Jetbook. Not every ebook you can buy is available as a pirated copy. Especially books by lesser known authors. And I'm using my library for pbooks and like to be able to use it for ebooks too.

2.I think it doesn't matter which reader you use, most of us will use the computer to change formats sooner or later.

3.Jetbook isn't that cheap to buy in Canada. CDN$260.00 at newegg.ca and in side by side pictures I liked the look of eink better.

But I havn't decided yet which reader I will get. I'm waiting to see if Sony comes out with something new. Or maybe a new Astak mentor. I would like a search function on my reader, and a dictionary would be nice too since english is my second language. Also more font sizes than on the 505.

I will get an ebook reader though by Christmas come hell or high water.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote