View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rglk View Post
So far, I've simply downloaded all these books from the Internet to the Kindle for PC program, running in Linux and WinXP on my laptop and my netbook. From many of these books (the ones that are mobi encrypted) I've removed the DRM, so that I can read them in Mobipocket Reader which I much prefer to Kindle4PC. I suppose I could simply copy these unlocked books over from my computer to the Kindle. Is that correct, doesn't it provide for file transfer via a USB connection? These unDRM'ed .mobi ebooks should then be readable on the Kindle, correct?
Yes, the Kindle will read these DRM-free MOBI ebooks. Copy them into the documents folder via USB (you can make subfolders if you want, but the Kindle does not use them for navigation). Another option is to use Calibre to manage your ebooks. It will detect a USB-connected Kindle and give you options for copying the ebooks.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote