View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 06:27 PM   #29
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Unemployment rates, at least, don't bear that out.

http://www.google.com/publicdata?ds=...rate&tdim=true

I see that your state of Colorado has a bit less than national average and mine (South Carolina) has a bit higher than average, but for both unemployment now is higher than it was in November 2008.

Do I blame that on Obama or Bush? Nope. We are in the midst of another fundamental sift in the structure of the job market-- much like there was with the industrial revolution-- and nobody's going to stop it. But still-- it is hard to say that things are "better."
What is that fundamental shift and what caused it? (I'm not trying to be a "sagacious donkey;" I'm really curious).
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote