View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 02:52 AM   #5
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch Sony PRS300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrew View Post
Take a look at the NIV terms of use for starters.

Also, check out fair use law in your jurisdiction, and common misconceptions.

It is always best if you get express permission from the publisher(s) for any excerpts you use in your published work. Even if you think fair use is a viable defense of your usage, a defense costs money to mount in the face of an actual suit against you.
Thanks jandrew. Those were good links. At this point I don't think anybody's going to be sueing me. I'm just going to use a line or two and attribute it to the author. Since it's a non-academic book I'm planning on writing I don't think I'll need footnotes.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote