View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #10
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
The one reason I might consider a Chromebook is that the Acer C7 has a 320GB HD. You use the Google apps offline, and you have your files offline as well. Or you can have a dual boot device with something other than Chrome. I see them talking about Ubuntu but why not XP Home or something similar.
Of course if you have an android duality you can load up the Android Office stuff if you prefer, and that is what this thread is saying.

The single largest drawback to the Acer C7 Chromebook is that 3 1/2 hr to 4 hr battery life.
I do see on Amazon where you can buy a replacement battery for $15 on up.

If it does like I think, you just pull out the battery/shelf/compartment that is in the C7 and plug a second battery in. That would give you 7 to 8 hours battery life which is good for these type devices.

The question then arises how do you charge the battery that is not in the device? It would be nice if there was a stand or an attachment to the C7 charger. I could see needing two C7 chargers.

At the end of the day, when you put your phone on its charger, and the C7 on its charger, you would want to put the replacement battery on its charger also. Also don't forget the company notebook, a handheld device like my Archos 43, the handheld hiking GPS, your walkie talkies.

I am kidding of course. I was just running through a list of the things I carry at one time or another. Everyone would have their own list.

You might use one whole 15 AMP service just to charge your devices at night.

Last edited by frahse; 12-04-2012 at 05:15 PM.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote