View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #79
Ankh
Guru
Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I know a lot of people who still use IE. I think they just quietly go about their business most times and stay out of (or are oftentimes ignorant of) browser wars.
The trouble is, those "browser wars" are pushed on us by web servers.

Microsoft never gave up on pushing web development tools that create content which requires IE on the user side. IE users, these days, face a growing number of (not so important) web pages that work better on any other browser. IE quirks and deviations from the standards (which varies for IE versions) are many and web developers are tired of all special handling that they have to build into their designs to support IE. Or a designer fails to test his page with all IE versions.

What was suggested on this topic, not to remove IE from Windows machine that already has it, makes sense. I have a virtual machine with WinXP as a backup solution for stubborn web pages or software solutions that exist only on Windows. It is rarely, if ever, used these days, Linux works very well. Cheap disk space and virtualization, I don't have to give up on anything.

Firefox, or Chrome, or something else? De gustibus non est disputandum.
Ankh is offline   Reply With Quote