View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #1034
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Tomorrow View Post
... So maybe default to EN in the calibre metadata? That would subsequently get written into the EPUB/MOBI when copying that to the device or disk anyway.
I changed the language metadata in calibre. Calibre writes it into the EPUBs/MOBIs when exporting to disk or copying to the device.
Okay. I thought maybe you did a Modify Epub step or something.

My testing shows that the language in the epub is preserved when calibre writes the epub to device if the calibre language field is empty. But I can certainly see calibre losing that in conversion if the calibre language field is empty.

The FFDL code was intended to default the language to English in calibre, too, but that code is mildly broken. It will be fixed in the next version.