View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #24
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
I "upgraded" from a K3K to a PW today, and so far I'd say I'm on the fence. The screen does not have as much contrast when the light is "off" (set to zero, which is still ever-so-slightly on) which is a big disappointment to me. To get the screen to look better than the old K3K screen, I have to turn the light up to about 12 (a little less than half) - at least that's how it looks indoors to me. That said, I'm enjoying the touchscreen more than I thought I would. Navigation is still a little clunky in periodicals, but in books it's great and being able to highlight and share through the touch interface is much better than using the d-pad, as is navigating the store with the touchscreen + virtual keyboard. Collections are also pretty easy to manage, I find, but that's not something I use much.

There are a few things I would change on the KPW (like being able to turn off the light for real!) but so far it's pretty good. I'm going to live with it for a week and see how I feel. It might stick, but I might just keep the K3K until the KPW2 comes out and imrpoves things like contrast and lighting.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote