View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 09:14 AM   #6
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Legal or not, I have to agree with Alex. I don't feel that it is our obligation to follow unfair laws in cases like this, and especially laws like the DMCA. If it is not possible for me to legally treat an ebook in the same way that I would a physical book, I will make it possible in other ways. Does this make me a bad person? I think that I am voting with my actions (since I don't have much of a say in Congressional give-aways like DMCA). DRM will be untenable until the companies come up with something that satisfies all sides. Unfortunately, the consumer has no voice in this debate anymore.

If you have never seen Stay Free magazine, I recommend that you check out this one: The Copyright Issue. Of particular interest are the interviews with Siva Vaidhyanathan (HIGHLY recommended!) and Chuck D and Hank Shocklee (of Public Enemy). And the article "So what can I do about it?"

Here's to a saner copyright policy! But in the meantime it's "by any means necessary" for me.
ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote