View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 02:40 AM   #14
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Leung View Post
It's interesting to me (arm-chair psychology fan) that people who dislike Apple often resort to stupid assumptions about people who use Apple devices.
I think there's a misconception here about people liking/disliking Apple. It's not as black and white really. I, for example, am quite fond of Apple gear. My only and crucial problem with them is that they are controlling a bit too much and they are getting greedy beyond what's healthy for consumers.
Two points I would like to make about what's wrong with Apple today:
1. Controlling and censoring app market with a 100% power to decide what's good for us. I am sure they have the best of intentions, but for crying out loud people, have we not learned anything from our history? Censorship leads to totalitarianism - and that can't be good for us!
2. Purposefully designing a product in such way as to make a killing on selling accessories (no USB?).

Anything that Apple does in terms of its appealing hardware and product packaging is for me not sufficient to let the first point there slip by. The accessories business is simply mean (bend over customers!), but that's not as bad.
Are people who do buy into Apple's philosophy stupid? No, of course not!
Are people right to be concerned by what Apple is doing and voice their concerns? Of course they are!
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote