View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 04:49 PM   #5
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
I've had a Cybook for well over a year (bought it in January 2008) and I carry it pretty much everywhere. I even took it to the baseball game last Tuesday. Not that I read it at the ballpark--I brought it so I could read it on the train to and from. I just have the regular padded case it came with--the older brown pleather one. It's been on three plane trips so far. It comes to work with me daily on a train commute, and attracts no undue share of attention I may add.

My point is, use and enjoy.

But I wouldn't mind a sub-$200 reader, either, preferably one with a 5" E Ink screen, to be even more portable. I don't think I really want to go any smaller, though. The Hanlin one that BeBook would most likely be using sounds really promising. Like I said, the Cybook attracts attention, and I have my ebook spiel down pat, but when people hear the price, 9 out of 10 recoil in horror. It will take a sub-$200 device (better yet, a $99 device) to really draw wide adoption, I think, like the original iPod Nano and Shuffle.

ETA and off-topic: toomanybooks, I want to snorgle your puppy's belly!!!! It's so cute!

Last edited by MaggieScratch; 04-24-2009 at 05:04 PM. Reason: can't. resist. cute. puppy.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote