View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #24
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by oj829 View Post
I guess I'd also add that a device that is either locked in to a small or limited universe of apps; or completely run by vendor firmware, is also suboptimal for dealing with reflow on the fly, unless that locked-down device supplies apps or firmware which do everything exactly how you want under every circumstance.

Is there such an e-ink reader the Glo's size that meets this criteria today?
Well, there exists completely alternate firmware by 3rd parties for some ereaders. Lbook firmware for BeBook/Astak/Hanlin is one example.

I still don't agree that, just because it is locked down to the vendor, that the vendor cannot manage to do reflow.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote