View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 05:30 AM   #21579
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Welcome back. Looks like a lot of fun.
It was more than fun. Perhaps the most fun one can have with their clothes on!

Quote:
What was your longest flight?
Not yet knowing how to find thermals and updrafts, just top to bottom of the middle hill. A matter of minutes that seem like seconds... We'll go back in the Spring after the snow melts, and I'll learn more. I figure I did OK just getting off the Bunny Slope! Only one minor injury (a sprained finger) that occurred when I was NOT flying, just standing in the field without a chute, but trying to dodge the erratic landing of another student who flew from the top of the mountain. She kept switching left and right. I finally had to dive under her, and hit my finger on the ground! There were quite a lot of people flying that day (not just students) and the landing area (see attachment not all that large and rather crowded. The rest of the field to the right (out of the picture) was just as crowded.

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Flying4.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	291.5 KB
ID:	94132  
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote