View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 03:52 AM   #10
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddos View Post
Well if you're going to go that route, the internet's my library and any book I could ever want to read is available for free if I only look hard enough

There's definitely a market for a legitimate Netflix-for-Ebooks type service, as evidenced by all of the people who fall for the scam sites ("$10/mo gets you access to 1 million ebooks!", serves up Gutenberg). It worked for music (Zune, Rhapsody, Pandora, Spotify, etc), it worked for videos (Netflix, Hulu, VUDU, etc), it can work for ebooks. The problem is getting the publishers onboard at a price point that a) gets people to subscribe, b) allows you to at least break even on operations (public libraries don't do this), and c) keeps the publishers happy enough to keep supplying you with content (see Netflix's ongoing struggles with content providers).

I am waiting impatiently for Afictionado to reveal more information about their subscription fees. And their launch date.
I would be prepared to pay for a subscription even if it only was Macmillan books.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote