Thread: Touch eReader Storage Error
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #6
nanel609
nanel609 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
I do use Calibre, but my error had nothing to do with it. I was away at the time had had just turned the ebook on.

I've heard from KOBO who advised, "We are currently investigating the cause of the error, however, it is likely an issue between the database on the Touch not mirroring the database on the desktop app exactly. When the database check is made by the Touch, if it does not match what it sees from the latest data received from the desktop app, it can cause the error. This is why it requests a factory reset."

They clarified that "Non Kobo books should not present an issue, the issue is related to the database number, everytime it is updated, the revision number changes which needs to be identical with the desktop app. We are not sure what exactly is causing the error but we are working to identify it as soon as possible. Please contact us, if you experience any further difficulties."

I did the factory reset twice. Since then, while the reader sleeps it never shuts off so I haven't had the problem again. Not sure if that's just a way around it until they get it sorted, but it's working for me.
nanel609 is offline   Reply With Quote