View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 02:47 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindle Noob View Post
On a side note, once I login to the registration server my device will be populated with ads right? And I will then have to jailbreak and root so that I can continue reading in peace?
No, it will only send ads if you've already made the completely voluntary choice to accept a $20 discount from Amazon in exchange for seeing ads. If you've entered into that contract with Amazon freely and willingly, you get ads. If you don't want ads, you give Amazon their $20 back (via the "Manage Your Kindle" page on Amazon's web site) and they then do the magic on their servers which makes your Kindle a non-ad-supported one.

What you don't do is agree to accept ads and then try to renege on your end of the contract; that's just plain dishonesty.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote