View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #73
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool all of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alissa View Post
Hmm. Do you mean there are some mobi/prc files whose graphical cover images are shown on a Kindle device but not on MobiHandler? (case 1) Or, you mean that you have a mobi/prc reading device other than Kindle (or mobi/prc reading program on PC other than K4PC) and some mobi/prc files whose cover images are shown with that non-Kindle device/program but not with MobiHandler? (case 2)

I'm sorry I know my English is not good enough to explain complicated conditions like this... I hope you get an accurate idea what I mean.

If you are experiencing the case 1, I believe it is a bug of MobiHandler, and I want to examine the mobi/prc file that causes the issue. If you are experiencing the case 2, well, I hope I could make the MobiHandler to show cover images from those mobi/prc files, but I'm not sure I can do it (as in the case of K4PC only cover images.) Anyway I want to know more details of your case.
hmmmm....let me check....ok, all of my mobi files (over 1000) display the default .mobi icon using mobihandler (win7 64bit) and all of them on my kindle 3 and in my calibre library display a graphical cover.

here's an example in baen free books, it's free, just download the one marked 'Mobi/Palm/Kindle Format'.

Berserker Throne by Fred Saberhagen

Last edited by alansplace; 05-27-2011 at 12:40 PM. Reason: fix error
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote