View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #108
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I'd be interested to hear reasons from those calling 'Harry Potter' "trash."
Same.

Buried underneath the kids' stories are some really acid send-ups of British politics -- even I know enough about the UK to catch those. I think that's one of the things I like about them: they exist on so many different levels.

I've been a bookworm since I was four years old, and after a neighbor introduced me to the Harry Potter novels (good thing they weren't ebooks!) I had them all on reserve or Amazon street-date delivery. Maybe I'm just plebeian; I can't get into James Joyce's Ulysses and Elliot's The Wasteland doesn't do a thing for me ... if so, guilty, but I loved the Harry Potter books. And I am so very not a pre-teen.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote