View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 03:51 AM   #11
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
I've read a book club book here once or twice and joined the discussion, and every now and then I've looked at the nomination threads and current discussions, to see if there's a book I'm interested in or one I have read.

I've never voted because I didn't want to commit to read a book that really didn't tempt me. It is reasonable to require that anyone voting should also at least try to read the selected book, but that means that I'm not going to vote.

We had a face-to-face book club at my job, and when we found ourselves saying "I haven't gotten around to reading this month's book" too often, we switched to short stories (ie. a single short story each time) -- that helped a lot. Are anyone else here interested in trying that? When the commitment in time is much less, it's easier to get more people to read, and to get them to read genres they normally avoid.

Last edited by hildea; 04-18-2021 at 03:54 AM.
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote