View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 08:55 PM   #125
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
Well, I suspect you are quite a bit more techie than the average user, and you would have no problems troubleshooting the kind of SD card problems mentioned above. You know what "firmware" is, for example- a word that the average user would not have heard of or understood. It's always kind of interesting to realize that the technically sophisticated think that the general poulation is or should be just as technically adept as they are, and don't understand that the average user values simplicity, convenience and security a great deal more than the techincally adept do.
You clearly think that Apple is taking advantage of the average consumer here, and maybe they are. But then again, maybe the average consumer is willing to trade off greater expense and lack of choices in return for simplicity and convenience.
This is one of the oddest posts I've seen in a lot of time. Just about everyone now uses digital cameras, and guess what, they use some kind of memory card. Most of the smartphones, tablets, and ereaders available now use some type of memory expansion. I think the average user is a lot smarter than you want to let on.
vaughnmr is offline   Reply With Quote