View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #123
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
Well, I suspect you are quite a bit more techie than the average user, and you would have no problems troubleshooting the kind of SD card problems mentioned above. You know what "firmware" is, for example- a word that the average user would not have heard of or understood. It's always kind of interesting to realize that the technically sophisticated think that the general poulation is or should be just as technically adept as they are, and don't understand that the average user values simplicity, convenience and security a great deal more than the techincally adept do.
You clearly think that Apple is taking advantage of the average consumer here, and maybe they are. But then again, maybe the average consumer is willing to trade off greater expense and lack of choices in return for simplicity and convenience.
I can read and write in cursive, too.

Maybe we should have Apple sell etch-a-sketches as iPAD 3s, a la Dilbert.

I doubt that your "average consumer" would know the difference.

My complaint is not for simple machines for lazy people, but the continuing mantra that "this is the best, this is the best" to people who have even a tiny amount of expertise. It isn't, by a long sight.

I suppose I shouldn't complain about Steve Job's using P.T. Barnum's motto...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote