View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 11:45 PM   #666
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
New Kobo (N604) [Elipsa - ed.]

I’ve noticed that the best way to annotate ebooks is to select “swipe only” for navigation. The default setting (tap & swipe) gets in the way of annotation because the pages keep turning on me while I am annotating. My wresting hand is often interpreted as a tap, especially when annotating near the edges. It’s possible to write on one page then suddenly be writing on the next or previous.

Now I only run into problems when I am annotating something in the middle of the page. My wrist can accidentally activate the menu. It’s not usually a problem unless I am jotting notes at the top or bottom of the page.

Anybody else notice this?

Obviously, the best solution is to learn to annotate with your wrist suspended in the air with the stylus tip being the only point of contact, but this leads to poor handwriting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Cootey; 07-22-2021 at 05:30 AM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote