View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #10
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
I've been using laptops w/ docking stations for a long while now (started w/a ThinkPad 755C and a Dock I, which should date things adequately), and find it very convenient to be certain that I've got all my files when I pick up my machine and go, and still be able to access them wherever I might be.

These days USB means that one doesn't even have to purchase a custom dock (at the expense of making do w/ the portable's display and making two connections), just get a USB hub and plug everything into that (I'm currently setting up one at home where a printer, keyboard, scanner and CD-RW are connected --- am debating adding in a combo USB-hub/ethernet network interface so that I get networking and have a port to spare for a mouse as well).

Try it, if the portable meets your needs, you'll probably like it.

William
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote