View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 04:36 PM   #24
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
OK, so after long deliberation I've ordered T63 and about a week later (impressive amidst holidays) it arrived to my door.

Play Books was a breeze to install and use after I side-loaded Play Store. Everything works just fine -- books upload/download, sync (I can continue reading on my phone or tablet where I left off on T63), page turns (and they are much-much faster than I expected with the animation effects turned off).

Not sure which version of Play Books I ended up with (whichever was the latest at the time), but everything works on T63 just as well as it did on the proper Android devices.

The great thing of using Play Books is that it allows you to manage screen brightness from the app, without leaving it. It's not e-ink friendly tho -- when you start pushing slider to the far left, it does start to darken the color of the background, however there's plenty of adjustment available before it gets to that point.

Play Books is infinitely superior to any other reading app.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote