View Single Post
Old 12-10-2016, 09:54 AM   #21
Alpha o
Addict
Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Darwin, inkBOOK Obsidian
If you can sideload Play - you can get Google books. I've sideloaded once, onto a Chinese tablet. Google uses the one ring format - almost everything is tied to your Gmail account.

I like Android, but I don't like Google. I've looked at what is available on the inkBOOK and decided I didn't want most of it. Did D/L a couple of the readers, didn't like them and deleted. The reader on the book is just fine. I don't need the fonts. We did typesetting in design, but it's for my reading pleasure so pretty and new typefaces don't apply. I'm happy with what I got.

I prefer to buy from independents as much as I can. I absolutely hate seeing "recommended for you" 99% of the time, it's wrong.

With Google Books - there's a list of all books on your dashboard. You get a couple of freebies from Google, and you can't delete the damn books from your Google account if they are not the type of literature you want. These probably keep getting added to top seller lists which is not fair.

Last edited by Alpha o; 12-10-2016 at 10:00 AM.
Alpha o is offline   Reply With Quote